Ant Control in Clackamas County & Washington County
Ants are a common nuisance and dealing with an infestation can be extremely frustrating and time-consuming. At Tough Bug Solutions, we use the best methods for eliminating ants in Tigard and throughout Clackamas County and Washington County. Our licensed technicians are experienced with the various types of ants that are common in our area and are equipped to deal with any infestation.
How to Get Rid of Ants
Diatomaceous Earth is the most effective way you can remove unwanted ants. You can also remove ants using essential oils such as cloves and peppermint. In addition, keeping your home clean and dry from moisture and food debris can help keep ants away.
Ants are a prolific pest and there are hundreds of species in the United States. Fortunately, the vast majority prefer the outdoor life and don’t generally infest homes or businesses. There are several species that do get inside residential and commercial properties. Some are a nuisance and others can cause property damage or contaminate food.
The most common ant species in our area include:
- Argentine ants
- Carpenter ants
- Fire ants
- Odorous house ants
- Pavement ants
- Pharaoh ants
- Thatching ants
- Velvety tree ants
Since some ants can cause structural damage and all ants breed rapidly, it is important to call for ant control service when you notice an ant problem. The first step in effective ant control is to identify the species and the extent of the infestation. An experienced pest control technician can perform an inspection to determine the best products and methods for eliminating your ant problem.
“The ants were persistent, but Jay was MORE persistent! Every time I saw an ant I called and he was responsive and helpful.”- Danica M.
“Great phone communication, and speedy response to my questions with clear answers. They were out here much faster than I was expecting.”- Elizabeth H.
“Jay is the best. He helped us with an emergency animal control problem a while back - It was wonderful because he was able to make it out the very same day!”- Jennifer O.
You can help keep ants out by:
- Paying extra attention to cleaning – Ants are looking for food and water. You can help discourage them by taking care to keep the house clean, wipe up spills, and wash dishes right away.
- Fixing plumbing leaks – Plumbing leaks and drips provide the moisture ants need and the presence of water encourages them to build their nests nearby. Get any small leaks or drips fixed to make your property less inviting.
- Sealing small holes and cracks – Sealing small cracks and holes in walls, foundations, and around windows and doors can help keep ants out.
- Checking rotted wood – Plumbing leaks and the resulting water damage can cause wood to rot. Ants seek these instabilities to build their colonies. Remove and replace any rotting wood to prevent ants from making themselves at home.
Ants multiply rapidly, so killing ants when you find them is important for preventing a large infestation. If you find ants, call to schedule service as soon as possible. Regular pest control services can keep ants in Tigard under control and protect your home from other common household pests.
If you are having a problem with ants in Tigard, get started by scheduling an ant extermination estimate. Our technician will inspect your property to identify the type of ants that have invaded your property and provide a free quote for ant control services. We use proven strategies to get rid of the ants and tips for keeping them out.
Don’t let ants drive you crazy. Call (503) 664-9094 for prompt service and effective ant control solutions.
- we’re ready to help you now!