Protecting Properties in Clackamas County & Washington County
Some pests are a nuisance and others can cause signification property damage, such as termites and other wood boring insects. The licensed and certified technicians at Tough Bug Solutions provides the latest and most effective solutions for wood destroying insects in Tigard, Clackamas County, and Washington County.
Signs of Wood-Destroying Insects
If you notice any of the following, you may be dealing with wood-destroying insects on your Oregon property:
- Actual holes you can see on your wooden structures
- Mud tubes, aka: termite pathways
- Peeling or bubbling paint on wooden surfaces
- Visible insects, whether alive or dead, as well as droppings
- Wood that is darker in color, blistering or appears hollow
- Termite swarmer wings near entrances, like windows or doors
“The ants were persistent, but Jay was MORE persistent! Every time I saw an ant I called and he was responsive and helpful.”- Danica M.
“Great phone communication, and speedy response to my questions with clear answers. They were out here much faster than I was expecting.”- Elizabeth H.
“Jay is the best. He helped us with an emergency animal control problem a while back - It was wonderful because he was able to make it out the very same day!”- Jennifer O.
Wood destroying insects cause billions of dollars in property damage each year in the United States. Once they get inside, they build their colonies and destroy wooden structures, including homes, commercial buildings, sheds, and outbuildings. The climate and vegetation in our area are ideal for wood destroying insects in Tigard.
Wood destroying insects include:
- Carpenter ants – These large brown or black ants build their nests in wood. Unlike termites, they don’t eat wood. Carpenter ants excavate the wood to create tunnels for nesting. Their colonies can have tens of thousands of termites with one queen. They often get inside through wet or damaged wood.
- Damp wood termites – Damp wood termites generally infest moist wood. They are larger than other types of termites and can be a cream or brownish color. They are often found in logs, stumps, wood piles, but can cause significant property damage if they do get inside, where they may nest in attics, basements, or crawlspaces.
- Subterranean termites – This termite species causes the most damage to homes and other structures. Subterranean termites live in the ground and construct mud tubes to get into the house without exposure to open air. These termites eat constantly and their colonies can become very large. Over time, subterranean termites can cause devastating structural damage and have been known to cause buildings to collapse.
- Wood boring beetles – These pests feed off wood in their larval and adult forms. Although they serve an important role in consuming dead and dying trees, wood boring beetles can cause widespread destruction in residential and commercial properties.
Why Schedule Regular Inspections for Wood-Destroying Insects?
A thorough inspection is needed to confirm the presence of wood destroying insects and identify the type of pest that has invaded your property. Since these pests can be silently causing structural damage, regular inspections are important for detecting termites, carpenter ants, and other pests. Identifying the problem early helps avoid significant damage.
Treatment Options for Wood Destroying Insects
The treatment method used to eliminate wood destroying insects depends on the type of pest and size of the infestation. Based on the results of the inspection, a personalized treatment plan can be developed for your property. Due to the destructive nature of these pests, inspections and treatment should be handled by a trained and qualified technician.
If you have noticed signs of wood destroying insects, such as discarded wings, or want to schedule an inspection to take a proactive approach to property maintenance, the pros at Tough Bug Solutions are here to help. We can conduct an inspection for wood destroying insects in Tigard and provide the most effective treatment for each type of pest to protect your property from further damage.
- we’re ready to help you now!